- Morris MRJ, Bowles E, Allen B, Jamniczky HA, Rogers SM. Contemporary ancestor? Consequences of standing genetic variation, population structure, and natural selection in Pacific marine threespine stickleback for adaptive divergence. BMC Evolutionary Biology. In revision.
- Bowles E, Pavey SA, Laroche J, Hamon TR, Rogers SM. Separating fine-scale population structure from colonization history using genotyping-by-sequencing in a young threespine stickleback system in southwest Alaska. Journal of Evolutionary Biology. In revision
- Allen BE, Bowles E, Morris MRJ, Rogers SM (2017) Loss of SNP genetic diversity following population collapse in a recreational Walleye (Sander vitreus) fishery. Canadian Journal of Fisheries and Aquatic Sciences. https://doi.org/10.1139/cjfas-2017-0164.
- Morris, MRJ, Petrovich E, Bowles E, Jamniczky H, Rogers S (2017) Exploring Jordan’s rule in Pacific threespine stickleback Gasterosteus aculeatus. Journal of Fish Biology. 91: 645-663.
- Pistore AE, Barry TN, Bowles E, Sharma R, Vanderzwan SL, Rogers SM, Jamniczky HA (2016) Characterizing phenotypic divergence using three-dimenstional geometric morphometrics in four populations of threespine stickleback, Gasterosteus aculeatus (Pisces: Gasterosteidae) in Katmai National Park and Preserve, Alaska. Canadian Journal of Zoology, 94: 463-472.
- Bowles E, Johnston RA, Vanderzwan SL and Rogers, SM (2015) Genetic basis for body size differences between an anadromous and two derived lacustrine populations of threespine stickleback (Gasterosteus aculeatus) in southwest Alaska. Accepted. Current Zoology CZ-2015-0020.
- Bowles E and Trites AW (2013) Faecal DNA amplification in Pacific walruses (Odobenus rosmarus divergens). Polar Biology, 36:755-759. DOI 10.1007/s00300-013-1296-6
- Rogers SM, Mee JA, Bowles E (2013) The consequences of genomic architecture on ecological speciation in postglacial fishes. Current Zoology, 59:57-71 Invited submission
- Bowles E, Schulte PM, Tollit DJ, Deagle BE and Trites AW (2011) Proportion of prey consumed can be determined from faecal DNA using real-time PCR. Molecular Ecology Resources, 11:530-540.
- The National Retinoblastoma Strategy Group* (2009) Canadian guidelines for retinoblastoma care. Canadian Journal of Ophthalmology, 44:639-42 (*member of the Expert Committee within the NRBS). Canadian Retinoblastoma Strategy Guidelines
- Bowles E*, Corson TW*, Bayani J, Squire JA, Wong N, Lai P B-S and Gallie BL (2007) Profiling Genomic Copy Number Changes in Retinoblastoma Beyond Loss of RB1. Genes Chromosomes and Cancer, 46:118-129 *contributed equally. Bowles et al GCC 2007 Genomic copy number changes in rb development
- Marchong MN, Chen D, Corson TW, Lee C, Harmandayan M, Bowles E, Chen N, and Gallie BL (2004) Minimal 16q Genomic Loss Implicates Cadherin-11 in Retinoblastoma. Molecular Cancer Research, 2:495-503. Mol Cancer Res-2004-Marchong-495-503
Marchong MN, Chen D, Corson TW, Lee C, Harmandayan M, Bowles E, Chen N and Gallie BL (2004) Minimal 16q genomic loss implicates cadherin 11 in retinoblastoma. Proceedings of the American Society for Human Genetics, 54:505. Poster presentation at the American Society for Human Genetics 54th Annual Meeting, Toronto, ON
Bowles E (2009) Determining the relative amounts of prey in Steller sea lion (Eumetopias jubatus) diet using real-time PCR. MSc, University of British Columbia, 54 pages.
Bowles E (2016) Consequences of population divergence in threespine stickleback (Gasterosteus aculeatus). PhD, University of Calgary, 237 pages.
- Bowles, E, Fraser, DF (2018) Population monitoring of walleye in Mistassini Lake: 2017 update. Technical report, Cree Nation of Mistissini, Mistissini, QC, 18 pages.
- Marin K, Bowles E, Fraser, DF (2017) Population monitoring of walleye in Mistassini Lake. Final report: completion of preliminary report for 2015 walleye sampling, together with 2016 update. Technical report, Cree Nation of Mistissini, Mistissini, QC, 43 pages.
- Bowles E and Trites AW (2011) DNA-based prey detection using DNA from faecal samples in Pacific walrus (Odobenus rosmarus divergens). Final report to US Geological Survey, Alaska Science Center.
- Bowles E (2003) Counsellor-in-training manual, Bowen Island Summer programs for the visually impaired. *Manual contains contributions from many people, but was primarily written and compiled by Ella Bowles.
- Bowles E, Rogers SM. Consequences of dispersal for genomic architecture of threespine stickleback in Alaskan post-glacial lakes (one chapter of my completed Ph.D. thesis).
- Vanderzwan SL, Bowles E, Jamniczky HA, Vamosi SM, and Rogers SM Ecology of adaptive peak shifts in Alaskan threespine stickleback (Gasterosteus aculeatus) (Part of S. Vanderzwan’s completed M.Sc. thesis).